NOTICE: Last Updated: 25 May 2018
We have recently updated our policies and we are in the process of translating them into several languages. If you do not have an appropriate language option and you have any questions please contact us via the methods described below.
A. WHO WE ARE
If you reside in the EEA then the company that is responsible for your personal information is our Irish affiliate IAC Search and Media Europe Limited (“SAM EU”).
If you reside outside of the EEA then the company that is responsible for your personal information is Slimware Utilities.
B. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We may collect information from you in a variety of different ways. This is information that may identify you, and anonymous information, such as the number of your page views, link clicks, and login times. Your information may be kept in an identifiable format, or in an aggregate format which means that you cannot reasonably be identified from it. We provide further detail on the type of info we collect, and how we collect it, below:
- Information You Provide To Us. We may collect and store any information you provide when using the Services or that you provide in some other manner. This information may include information such as:
- Contact information and/or registration information, such as your name; and business and residential mailing address, telephone and facsimile numbers and email address;
- Information you provided in posting areas and surveys that you have taken with us;
- Information you provided us while using the Services, including files that you uploaded, and the use of the Services on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites;
- Purchase information, including credit card or payment card information and billing address;
- Information regarding your use of the Services, such as browsing, downloads and pages viewed;
- Technical data, associated with any computer or other device you use to access the services, or software therein such as the software and settings on your device and your device identifier or IP address;
- Such other information we collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
- Automatically Captured Information. We automatically collect information from your computer and/or device when you use the Services. This allows us to assess how you have used the Services, the device you have used them on and helps us to analyse how we can optimize the Services for you in the future. This information may include:
- Information about your hardware and software such as your IP address, your browser type and language and other browser-related information, time stamp, access times, current installed applications, system registry settings, driver versions, system start up settings.
- The content of any of our undeleted cookies, including a unique identifier (see section C on "Cookies" below), software installed upon and/or devices connected to your computer and/or device, and the referring website address.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons, cookies and other similar technologies, to track your use of the Services (see our cookies policy). Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of sites. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer as part of the Services for our users.
- Information Collected by Third Parties for Online Advertising. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, parent and subsidiary companies, affiliates, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements or place ad tags or beacons on or via our Services on the computer or device you use to access our Service and to track that device to over time and across different web sites for the purpose of serving advertising relevant to your interests. We do not control third parties' collection or use of information to serve interest based advertising. Some but not all providers may allow you to opt-out of receiving their targeted ads, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
- Do not track signals. The systems of the Services are not configured to respond to Web browser "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide you with the Services: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service, we use your information to provide you with a more customized and personal experience.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings, ensure it is bug free, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
When you use the Services, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our Services and to personalize your online experience. We, and certain third parties we work with e.g. ad networks and data management platforms, may also use these technologies to better target ads to you based on your online browsing activities. Please see our Cookies Policy for further information about our use of these technologies.
In brief, a cookie is a small piece of data that is stored in a user's computer for record keeping purposes. Our Services may us HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). Through the use of a cookie, we may automatically collect information about your activity on our Services, such as the actions you take within the Services, and the application and/or updates you have installed onto your computer or device. Most systems automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on or via the Services. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. To learn more about some types of browser cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org. You also may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Manager by following Adobe.s instructions here (instructions vary depending on your operating system and version of Flash). Please note, however, that without cookies or local storage you may not be able to use all of the features of our Services.
D. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Identify, establish and maintain our relationship with you;
- Deliver Services and information that you have requested and otherwise allow you to fully participate in the interactive features of our Services;
- Notify you about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our parent or subsidiary companies or other third parties;
- Process, validate and verify purchases;
- Register you as a customer;
- Enforce our terms and conditions and notify you of changes to our Services;
- Manage and improve our business;
- Meet legal regulatory, insurance security and processing requirements and court or administrative orders or as required by law;
- Investigate complaints, abuse or other allegations;
- Maintain business records for reasonable periods; and
- Perform any other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection and any other purpose with your consent.
E. WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We share your information with others as indicated below:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include:
These service providers may have access to information, which is needed to perform their functions and provide you with the Services. These service providers may have access to Personal Information, which is needed to perform their functions, but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes. These service providers may email or otherwise contact you solely as may be necessary to provide the Services that you have requested from us. Moreover, these service providers may collect usage data (i.e., data relating to your use of the Services) and share usage data in aggregate and anonymous form.
- providing customer service, technical and operational support, and email services;
- marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, billing and payment processing (if we ever accept payments from our users),
- supporting our Services functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Services, as well as when we have notified you, or you have requested, that we do so.
- Other IAC businesses. We are part of the IAC family of businesses (www.iac.com). We may share information we collect with our affiliated IAC companies. Sharing information with our IAC affiliates enables us to provide you with information about a variety of products and services that might interest you.
- Other Situations. We may disclose your information (i) in good faith compliance with a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency, (ii) in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; (iii) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; (iv) to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; (v) to enforce our Services terms and conditions or other agreements or policies; and (vi) in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business or the Services (or a majority of the assets of either), a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. In addition, we may share aggregated information we collect, under any of the above circumstances, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
F. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
G. WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Information we collect, or permit third parties to collect may be transferred to, stored and processed outside your country of residence in any country or territory where one or more of our affiliated group companies, third party service providers or advertising companies or advertising networks are located or maintain facilities, including but not limited to the United States and Ireland.
H. YOUR RIGHTS
Depending on your location you may have some or all of the following rights in relation to how we use your information:
- Access: you may request access to your information and receive copies of it;
- Correction: to have inaccurate/incomplete information corrected and updated;
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of your Information: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your information or to limit our use of it.
- Deletion: in certain circumstances, you can request a right “to be forgotten” (this is a right to have your information deleted or our use of your information restricted, including for example, a right to not have a user’s name appear in a search result). Ww will honour such requests unless we have to retain this information to comply with a legal obligation by European or Member State law or unless we have an overriding interest to retain it
- Portability: in certain circumstances, exercise the right to data portability (this is a right to obtain a transferable version of your information to transfer to another provider)
- Consent Management: Where we rely on consent to process your information, you may withdraw consent at any time and you do not have to provide a reason for your withdrawal. to withdraw consent at any time where processing is based on consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your information, please write to us at the address listed below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on the rights and freedoms of another person.
I. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The security and confidentiality of you information is very important to us, thus we take certain security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. Please know that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
J. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
For our EEA users, our Data Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring your rights are respected and to review and oversee how we collect and use your personal information. They can be reached by contacting SlimwareDPO@iacapps.com
K. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Our Services are intended for general audiences over the age of 13 years old (or over the age of 16 if you are resident in the EEA). We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 years old, or 16 in the EEA. If you are not over 13 years old (or 16 years old in the EEA) then DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR USE THE SERVICES
L. NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
N. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under the California "Shine The Light" law, California residents may opt-out of the disclosure of information to third parties for direct marketing purposes (as those concepts are defined in that law). However, we do not currently engage in the type of sharing covered by that law.
O. HOW TO CONTACT US
Slimware Utilities Holdings, Inc.
555 West 18th Street
New York, NY 10011
EEA users should user the below contact details:
IAC Search and Media Europe Ltd.
10 Earlsfort Terrace
You also have the right to complain to the Irish Data Protection Commission or another supervisory authority. You can contact the Office of the Data Protection Commission at:Telephone: +353 (0)761 104 800 or Lo Call Number 1890 252 231
END OF DOCUMENT.
©2019 Slimware Utilities Holdings, Inc.® All rights reserved.